Wednesday 17 September 2014

New beginnings

So, whether anyone will read this blog I don't know, however I do know that I want to use it in many different ways. I've decided that I want to change directions a bit and cover DIY, makeup, reviews, hair but also plus-size fashion and will probably cover other subjects too.

The one I have surprised myself the most about is wanting to venture into becoming more of a plus sized fashion based blog. I am plus sized, and for as long as I can remember I have always made it a negative thing meaning that I can't dress or look how I want just because I am larger. However, I have decided to change this and try to embrace it and turn it into something positive. So there you go, a plus size fashion idea has been born.

 I am plus size, so what?! I am going to wear what makes me happy, what makes me feel good and not follow the stereotypes of what I should and shouldn't wear.

"Oo no, you mustn't wear stripes
Definitely don't wear a dress
Don't show your legs/arms - they're too big
No strappy tops they don't suit you"

This is forever what I hear. Generally not directly said to me, more as a 'standard' that our society sets us. I followed it for a long time, but now am slowly realising that I am my own person and I want my clothes to show my personality, not hide it.

So, lets get on with it and I'll talk to you in my next post!

Tash xo

No comments:

Post a Comment